I have been on a VERY long quest for the perfect cinnamon roll recipe...I have tried dozens of recipes...some more time consuming than others...until I have found the PERFECT one. When I say perfect, I mean it is melt in your mouth, soft, flaky, doesn't need anything on top good!
Here are some reasons I like this recipe:
1. it's super flaky
2. it's the softest recipe I've tried
3. it's easy
4. it's fast...about 90 minutes start to finish
(and with me being a last minute mama, this is always a plus!)
So are you salivating for the recipe?
Okay okay I'll share it!
I can NOT take credit for creating this recipe, I found it at allrecipes.com,
but thought others might enjoy it too!
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine, softened
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup raisins (optional, I never use them cuz my kids don't like them!)
1. Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened margarine.
4. Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm
Trust me, your family and friends will ask you to make them over and over again...or they will just want the recipe for themselves!
Make, enjoy, Share!
Have a blessed day!